POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS IN MATERIALS SCIENCE AND MULTIDISCIPLINARY FIELDS
I. AIMaS introduction:
Advanced Institute of Materials Science (AIMaS) of the Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU, Vietnam) is an academic institute focuses on research, postgraduate training, and technology transfer activities. It is renowned for its fast development, effective international collaboration, and increasing of high-quality research publications. And it becomes a strong institution of the university in enhancing the university reputation and social contribution. This relies on the continuous effort and supports of all staffs and international researchers/scholars.
In order to further strengthen the Institute's research activities and contribute more effectively to the TDTU's science and technology development mission as well as its goal of reaching top 500 in the world, we are looking for highly motivated Postdoctoral Researchers in Materials Science and Multidisciplinary fields (Physics, Chemistry, and Computational Biology, etc.)
As a successful candidate, you will conduct the diverse scientific activities including collaborating with AIMaS's Researcher and international researchers within the research topics that we are pursuing. You will also be encouraged to search the funding sources from TDTU, Vietnam as well as the world and supervising graduate students.
A strong interest in theoretical and experimental related to the novel materials for application in electromagnetic technologies, biology, medicne, environtment, spintronics, and optoeletronics, or the structural characteristics of graphene- and silicon-based electronic devices for application in digitizing, or characteristics of new materials for applications in optics and laser, is required. Other interdisciplinary topics such as cosmological physics and quantum theory to high-energy physics, computational physics, condensed-matter physics, and applied physics; research on electrical devices and automations for nuclear physics, simulations in interaction of ion beam with materials for environmental monitoring systems, etc are also encouraged to apply.
2. The main duties are:
- Doing research and publishing papers in journals/conferences indexed by SCI/SCIE/Scopus (or to file international patents for applied research);
- Contributing on scientific services such as industrial connection to seek projects and external funds; organizing or supporting conferences; finding and introducing scholars and experts to work for the University’s faculties;
- Teaching is encouraged and additional income is given.
- Establishing new research groups funded by TDTU if you are able to; the list of AIMaS's current research groups can be found here.
- Doing other additional tasks based on negotiating.
3. Salary/Research funding:
- Depending on the annual registered-research outcomes and research-track record of a researcher, your salary can be higher or lower than that of the above positions;
- The annual bonus depends on your Key Performance Indicator (KPI).
- Additional research funding can be given by the research foundation of TDTU or external sources.
4. Application documents:
Please send your documents:
- Application form;
- CV with a list of selected publications;
- A short statement of research interests (describing your background, motivation and skills), pdf copies of PhD degree, and theses (if available);
- Reference letter from 02 Scientist, in which 01 Scientist is your supervisor in PhD studying duration.
to AIMaS by either:
a) Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
b) Mail to AIMaS, Room A0902, Ton Duc Thang University, 19 Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
We will contact applicant when the application is received. The full documents will be required only when the general agreement between the applicant and AIMaS is done.